Can I change the code of uploaded website using Visual Studio.net

Guest

Sir
I have I'm given a task to debugg and add some functionlity to a big website
containing hundreds of ASP.net pages, C# is the language used.

Please anyone help me that:
If I change the bussiness object (e.g. *.cs or *.aspx.cs) files, do I need
to recompile them? or I can just change them and put them back on the same
directory.

In case I have to compile them, how can I do it with Visual Studio.net 2002
without downloading it.

Whole the code is put into a "Codes" folder and all the code files are
zipped into a single file.

Anyone can help me please, I wud be greatful.

Thanx in anticipation.

Mark Rae

If I change the bussiness object (e.g. *.cs or *.aspx.cs) files, do I need
to recompile them? or I can just change them and put them back on the same
directory.

What you're asking is fundamental. I'd suggest you get yourself up to speed
on the basics of .NET web development first:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-3768767-4139324?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The *.cs files should not reside on the web server as they are not required
there - they should reside within the ASP.NET web project on your local
development machine so that you can maintain them.

ASP.NET projects (like all other .NET projects) are compiled into one or
more DLLs which, typically, reside in the \bin folder under your webroot.
When you click "Build" in VS.NET, it takes all of the code files and
compiles them.
In case I have to compile them, how can I do it with Visual Studio.net
2002
without downloading it.

You don't really have much choice...
Whole the code is put into a "Codes" folder and all the code files are
zipped into a single file.

1) Remove the Codes folder from your live webserver immediately and add its
contents to the ASP.NET project on your local development machine

2) Make your code changes as required.

3) Test your updates locally in Debug mode.

4) When you're happy that it all works correctly, switch to Release mode,
recompile and deploy to your live server using the Copy Project button.

Guest

Hello Mark Rae!

Thank u very much for your support, I done it as suggested by u, I
downloaded the code and implemented it on Local Server, it works just fine,
Now I'm able to debug it correct the problems easily.

Bundle of Thanks Mr. Mark.
If I come across anyother problem, I will come back here directly, hope u
will continue providing me suggestion and technical help.

God Bless You

Zubair