Can I connect to SQL database through C++,

yadavindrian01

Hi all

Please tell me if I can connect to SQL database through C++,
Please help

Thomas Matthews

Hi all

Please tell me if I can connect to SQL database through C++,
Please help

Yes, you can.

However, you will need to know how to talk to
your database. For example:
1. Does your program directly call the database?

2. Is the data communication handled through a
shared or dynamically linked library?

3. Does the database communicate through sockets?

4. Does the database communicate through the Internet?

5. Does the database use another method such as ODBC?

All of these techniques, except the first, require
platform specific functionality, which is best discussed
in a newsgroup devoted to your platform.

Some other issues to think about:
A. Does the database require ASCII SQL statements?

B. Is there an API for the database?

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Minna

Please give me a little example describing how to connect.

Consider only small table, perform on input and output functions

Ioannis Vranos

Minna said:
My database is on same PC, very simple one - only few fields and
enteries.

You can connect to your SQL database by using VS 2003 and .NET for
example. That is by using ADO .NET.

Which is your sql server software?

BTW this is off topic in clc++, and if you are talking about VC++, you
should ask in microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc.

If it doesn't appear in your news server use the public MS news server:

msnews.microsoft.com