    Please tell me if I can connect to SQL database through C++,
    Please help
    , Feb 23, 2005

  2. SirMike Guest

    wrote:
    > Please tell me if I can connect to SQL database through C++,

    Ofcourse, You can :)

    --
    the code is my strength
    SirMike
    SirMike, Feb 23, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Please tell me if I can connect to SQL database through C++,
    > Please help

    Yes, you can.

    However, you will need to know how to talk to
    your database. For example:
    1. Does your program directly call the database?

    2. Is the data communication handled through a
    shared or dynamically linked library?

    3. Does the database communicate through sockets?

    4. Does the database communicate through the Internet?

    5. Does the database use another method such as ODBC?

    All of these techniques, except the first, require
    platform specific functionality, which is best discussed
    in a newsgroup devoted to your platform.

    Some other issues to think about:
    A. Does the database require ASCII SQL statements?

    B. Is there an API for the database?

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:
    Thomas Matthews, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Minna Guest

    Please give me a little example describing how to connect.

    Consider only small table, perform on input and output functions
    Minna, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Minna Guest

    My database is on same PC, very simple one - only few fields and
    enteries.
    Minna, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Minna wrote:

    > My database is on same PC, very simple one - only few fields and
    > enteries.

    You can connect to your SQL database by using VS 2003 and .NET for
    example. That is by using ADO .NET.

    Which is your sql server software?

    BTW this is off topic in clc++, and if you are talking about VC++, you
    should ask in microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc.

    If it doesn't appear in your news server use the public MS news server:

    msnews.microsoft.com

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys