    form project via client's printer? Something like using
    printdocument object. I don't want to use print command
    from browser program.

    Krich, Aug 29, 2003

  2. You cannot easily interact with the clients printer from the webbrowser in
    client side code, that would be making an assumption that all browsers used
    the same printer dialogues and it would be a major security breach if you
    could just print stuff out on clients printer - spammers would have a field
    day - so, you need componenets or signed applets to do this kind of thing.

    Look here:
    http://www.meadroid.com/

    You might be better writing something that captures whats being asked to be
    printed server side, and have some out of process exe running that can
    connect to shared printers (ie the clients) from the server and sends the
    data to that acros the network. That at least would get around the sandbox
    security restrictions imposed on the browser.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    <shameless_author_plug>
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_author_plug>

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Aug 29, 2003