Can I control client's printer from web form project?

Krich

Can I control what and how to print the data from my web
form project via client's printer? Something like using
printdocument object. I don't want to use print command
from browser program.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You cannot easily interact with the clients printer from the webbrowser in
client side code, that would be making an assumption that all browsers used
the same printer dialogues and it would be a major security breach if you
could just print stuff out on clients printer - spammers would have a field
day - so, you need componenets or signed applets to do this kind of thing.

Look here:
http://www.meadroid.com/

You might be better writing something that captures whats being asked to be
printed server side, and have some out of process exe running that can
connect to shared printers (ie the clients) from the server and sends the
data to that acros the network. That at least would get around the sandbox
security restrictions imposed on the browser.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>