    functions don't fire. I would like to debug the production
    server from my test station. How can I do this. I use VS
    2003 Pro.
    M K, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Hello Mark,
    Please see if this information works for you. It should be the same as
    VS.NET 2003.
    318041 HOW TO: Set Up and Use Remote Debugging in Microsoft Visual Studio
    .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318041

    Thank you, John Soulis
    Microsoft, ASP.NET

    John Soulis [MSFT], Nov 3, 2003

  3. M K

    M K Guest

    Okay, I need to install Remote Components on the webserver
    then. But when I try to do the Install Full or even Native-
    only I get a Windows Installer error: Incorrect command
    line parameters.

    Windows Installer. V 2.00.2600.1183...

    What to do now?

    confers no rights.
    >Use of included script samples are subject to the terms

    specified at

    M K, Nov 3, 2003
  4. M K

    M K Guest

    The webserver is in the DMZ, it is the Domain controller.

    M K, Nov 3, 2003
  5. Hi Mark,
    This should get you going.
    Use the following statements to launch the MSI package with appropriate
    Transform

    Full Remote Debugging:

    On the Start menu, choose Run.
    Type the following:
    msiexec /qb+ /i n:\<Visual Studio .NET CD1>\vs_setup.msi NOVSUI=1
    TRANSFORMS="n:\<Visual Studio .NET CD1>\Setup\Rmt9x.mst" SERVER_SETUP=1
    ADDLOCAL=Full_Remote_Debugging
    For example:
    msiexec /qb+ /i d:\vs_setup.msi NOVSUI=1 TRANSFORMS="d:\Setup\Rmt9x.mst"
    SERVER_SETUP=1 ADDLOCAL=Full_Remote_Debugging
    <<

    Native Debugging:

    On the Start menu, choose Run.
    Type the following:
    msiexec /qb+ /i n:\<Visual Studio .NET CD1>\vs_setup.msi NOVSUI=1
    TRANSFORMS="n:\<Visual Studio .NET CD1>\Setup\Rmt9x.mst" SERVER_SETUP=1
    ADDLOCAL=Native_Only_Debugging
    For example:
    msiexec /qb+ /i d:\vs_setup.msi NOVSUI=1 TRANSFORMS="d:\Setup\Rmt9x.mst"
    SERVER_SETUP=1 ADDLOCAL=Native_Only_Debugging
    <<

    Or

    Navigate to the root of the first installation CD or DVD,
    D:\remotecomponents.htm
    find the example MSI command line.

    Thank you, John Soulis
    Microsoft, ASP.NET