Can I develop asp.net 1.1 application in visual studio 2008?

lichaoir

Can I develop asp.net 1.1 application in visual studio 2008? I've
tried to find .net framework 1.1 in the project's properties window,
but I can't find it! Please help!

Thanks for your discussion and answer!

Andy B

Hi...

Unfortunately, Visual Studio 2008 doesn't allow .net 1.1 projects. To the
best of my knowing, official support for .net 1.1 in Visual Studio 2008 and
up is discontinued. The lowest it will go is .net 2.0

lichaoir

...Oh, no...
Then how can I install VS2003 after I've already installed VS2008 on
my computer? I've tried, but the setup program always tell me that the
runtime can not be installed. What's the problem?

Thanks for your discussion and answer!

Andy B

I don't know a lot about .net 1.1 or Visual Studio 2003 since I came on to
the .net thing in .net 2.0. My guess is that you would need to uninstall all
references to Visual Studio 2008 and anything over .net 2.0 and then install
..net 1.1. I do get that right? You can't install .net 1.1 either?

....Oh, no...
Then how can I install VS2003 after I've already installed VS2008 on
my computer? I've tried, but the setup program always tell me that the
runtime can not be installed. What's the problem?

Thanks for your discussion and answer!

Holger Kreissl

If you dont work under vista that should be no problem.
If you use vista i recommend a virtual image with XP and VSTO 2003 .

--
Holger Kreissl
..NET Software Developer