Can I disable all links on HTML page?

JN

I would like to disable all links and buttons on HTML page to prevent
multiple clicking while page is not yet sent to server. I tried to
disable whole document, but this won't prevent links to be clicked on.
Any ideas how to do that? Thanks.

kaeli

I would like to disable all links and buttons on HTML page to prevent
multiple clicking while page is not yet sent to server. I tried to
disable whole document, but this won't prevent links to be clicked on.
Any ideas how to do that? Thanks.

And if the server times out and the user needs to resubmit form data?
They'd have to refresh the page and reenter all their data.

This is a Bad Idea.
Trust me. I did it and ended up taking all the code back out.

Robert

kaeli said:
And if the server times out and the user needs to resubmit form data?
They'd have to refresh the page and reenter all their data.

This is a Bad Idea.
Trust me. I did it and ended up taking all the code back out.

Newer web broswers, such as Netscape 7.1, display a warning message
asking the user if they really want to send the form twice.

Other browser, change the submit button to indicate that it has been
pressed.

Along this line, I think you could display a message, insert some text
in the panel, or change the button text to say that the form has been
submitted.

I think people are becoming more familiar with how the web works and
filling in forms with greater care.

Robert

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Robert said:
kaeli said:
(e-mail address removed) enlightened us with...
I would like to disable all links and buttons on HTML page to prevent
multiple clicking while page is not yet sent to server. I tried to
disable whole document, but this won't prevent links to be clicked on.
Any ideas how to do that? Thanks.

[...]

Newer web broswers, such as Netscape 7.1, display a warning message
asking the user if they really want to send the form twice.

They do but they do only if you return to a document that is the
*result* of sending POST data, which is not the case here. Browsers
certainly do not prevent submitting form data if the original document
is displayed. (Unintentional) misuse of a submit button can and must
still (only) be handled by the server-side application, such as using
sessions.

PointedEars