    on the server). Is this at all possible?

    Thanks...

    , Sep 22, 2006

  2. Randy Webb Guest

    Re: Can I do a simple update in an Excel through an html page withoutusing any dynamic web pages?

    said the following on 9/22/2006 2:49 PM:
    > All I need to do is; on the click of a button, import the numerical
    > data in an html form (only one field) to a cell in a spreadsheet. Both
    > spreadsheet and the html file reside on the same server but there are
    > no dynamic capabilities. All I can use is html pages + javascript (or
    > anything else which do not require any special programs to be installed
    > on the server). Is this at all possible?
    >
    > Thanks...

    No, if you don't have "dynamic capabilities". The reason is that you
    won't have write privileges to the server. If you have file write
    privileges, then read the spreadsheet file in, output it as a plain text
    file in spreadsheet format and have the server save it.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

    Randy Webb, Sep 22, 2006