Can I do a simple update in an Excel through an html page without using any dynamic web pages?

eakkas

All I need to do is; on the click of a button, import the numerical
data in an html form (only one field) to a cell in a spreadsheet. Both
spreadsheet and the html file reside on the same server but there are
no dynamic capabilities. All I can use is html pages + javascript (or
anything else which do not require any special programs to be installed
on the server). Is this at all possible?

Thanks...

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 9/22/2006 2:49 PM:
All I need to do is; on the click of a button, import the numerical
data in an html form (only one field) to a cell in a spreadsheet. Both
spreadsheet and the html file reside on the same server but there are
no dynamic capabilities. All I can use is html pages + javascript (or
anything else which do not require any special programs to be installed
on the server). Is this at all possible?

Thanks...

No, if you don't have "dynamic capabilities". The reason is that you
won't have write privileges to the server. If you have file write
privileges, then read the spreadsheet file in, output it as a plain text
file in spreadsheet format and have the server save it.