    on the page. Is this possible? What are the alternatives?

    Thanks,
    Bogdan
    bogdan, Mar 22, 2008

  2. On Mar 22, 4:09 pm, "bogdan" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a FormView where one of the items is a file name.  All items come
    > from a single data source.  I'd like to have the file name also displayed in
    > a FileUpload control on the same page.  Ideally I'd like to have the
    > FileUpload control embedded in a FormView so the file name appears only once
    > on the page.  Is this possible?  What are the alternatives?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bogdan

    The FileUpLoad control used to upload a file to the server. If you
    have it already done ("one of the items is a file name") then you can
    use a simple Label to show the name of the uploaded file. It's just an
    alternative :)
    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 24, 2008

  3. bogdan

    bogdan Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I need users to be able to upload a file if needed. So the label is not
    sufficient in this case.
    What I'd like to do is to embed FileUpload control in a form view (e.g. in
    <EditItemTemplate></EditItemTemplate>) and bind a db column to it's
    FileName. Currently I have a label bound to the db column and then a
    separate FileUpload control without any binding since I have no clue how to
    set FileName property of the control - it is read-only.

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Bogdan

    bogdan, Mar 24, 2008