    I'm not looking for programs that 'test' the application and show whether I've missed a string, - I want to produce a list of strings before I create the resource file

    Thanks in advance for any help on thi
    Graham

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFt?=, May 11, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFt?=

    CT Guest

    While I'm not sure if there is a tool for this, I guess hard work is the way
    forward...<g> Seriously though, I guess you can start by finding all
    Response.Write, .Text = and those kind of string assignment operations.

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
    "Graham" <> wrote in message
    > I have to localize a very large web application and therefore have to

    provide resource strings for all hard-coded strings in the application that
    will be visible to users.

    > Is there a technique for 'finding' the strings that should be placed in

    resource files?

    CT, May 12, 2004