Can I find text automatically in a linked webpage

Les Juby

I have an excellent search script which provides the visitor with the
searched for text highlighted and positioned within the context of the
preceding and following 10 words.

However, some of the files we then link to are very big (such as a
Parliamentary Act about 30 screens deep) and I'd like to be able to
position that page at the point where the searched for text is first
found.

No problem with passing a variable from the search results page but
where could I find a script that would spot the variable coming thru
and then scroll down the page to find the first instance of that word
and present the page scrolled to that point.?

Wishful thinking.? I hope not.!

TIA

.les.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
Les Juby (e-mail address removed)
Webpro Internet - - - Prosoft Microsystems
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
P.O.Box 35243, Northway 4065, South Africa
Tel: +27 31 563-8344 Fax: +27 31 564-4928
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
(you *do* know to take "anti-spam" out the address....?

VK

ONLY FOR INTERNET EXPLORER:

window.external.NavigateAndFind(FullyQualifiedURL, SearchString,
OptionalTargetFrame)