Can I find text automatically in a linked webpage

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Les Juby, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. Les Juby

    Les Juby Guest

    I have an excellent search script which provides the visitor with the
    searched for text highlighted and positioned within the context of the
    preceding and following 10 words.

    However, some of the files we then link to are very big (such as a
    Parliamentary Act about 30 screens deep) and I'd like to be able to
    position that page at the point where the searched for text is first
    found.

    No problem with passing a variable from the search results page but
    where could I find a script that would spot the variable coming thru
    and then scroll down the page to find the first instance of that word
    and present the page scrolled to that point.?

    Wishful thinking.? I hope not.!

    TIA

    .les.

    o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
    Les Juby
    Webpro Internet - - - Prosoft Microsystems
    Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
    P.O.Box 35243, Northway 4065, South Africa
    Tel: +27 31 563-8344 Fax: +27 31 564-4928
    o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
    (you *do* know to take "anti-spam" out the address....?

    Les Juby, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Les Juby

    VK Guest

    ONLY FOR INTERNET EXPLORER:

    window.external.NavigateAndFind(FullyQualifiedURL, SearchString,
    OptionalTargetFrame)

    VK, Nov 25, 2004