    Visual Studio 2005 + asp.net 2.0 on the same box with the same IIS.

    is that possible? How will IIS know to use CLR 2.0 or 1.1 for each web app?
    Thanks in advance for the help, I did not find the answer in FAQ.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYzM0?=, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Yes you can use both
    Check this image :
    http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/Images/Articles/Membership/iis_settings_0.PNG

    You can select in IIS which version you want for each application -- You
    will get this option once you install .NET 2.0
    I currently have VS.NET 2002, 2003 AND 2005 on my XP pro box (in fact as
    well as Visual Studio 6.0) and everything is working -- if that helps

    --
    Swanand Mokashi
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

    http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
    DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
    technology ...

    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
    Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

    Swanand Mokashi, Apr 26, 2006

  3. No problem.

    You can run different .net frameworks side-by-side.

    re:
    > How will IIS know to use CLR 2.0 or 1.1 for each web app?

    You assign the .Net Framework you want your app to run against
    in the ASP.NET tab in your applications "Properties" in the IIS Manager.

    You can also run Denis Bauer's ASP.NET Version Switcher to do that.
    The ASP.NET Version Switcher is a cool front-end to part of aspnet_regiis.exe's features :

    http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 26, 2006