can I have brain dead security?

codefragment

Hi
Assume I want to make an asp.net application that, shows one item,
when you click on it
it directs you to paypal and asks for a few details, then returns.What
do I need
to understand about security?
From my perspective security is an issue where if you don't know
about a single detail
then you effectively know nothing, If someone can hack your site via
any route then its simply
not safe for you to deal with money.
My problem is that I know nothing about security whatsoever, I don't
know where to start
to increase my understanding? Is it the responsability of the host? Is
ASP.NET safe to work with?
Where do I start?

Ta

Darrel

do I need
to understand about security?

If it directs you to paypal, and only paypal is asking for payment info,
then security...in terms of customer data...isn't your concern...it's
paypal's.

-Darrel