can I have different link styles?

Joe

Hello all,

OK I know that's a sily question. I know with html and css anything is
possible.

This is the site I'm working on: http://www.ponkey.com/nucleus3.2/ .

you can see that there are links on the right side of the page with their
own styles. If you were to read the blog entries, the links posted in-
line have the same style as those on the right. You will also see that
its the same text and color as the paragraph text. I'm trying to find
out how to have different link styles. Do I need to specify link style
definitions seperate for each div?

Thanks in Advance,
JP

Joe

Hello all,

OK I know that's a sily question. I know with html and css anything
is possible.

This is the site I'm working on: http://www.ponkey.com/nucleus3.2/ .

you can see that there are links on the right side of the page with
their own styles. If you were to read the blog entries, the links
posted in- line have the same style as those on the right. You will
also see that its the same text and color as the paragraph text. I'm
trying to find out how to have different link styles. Do I need to
specify link style definitions seperate for each div?

Thanks in Advance,
JP

If you're interested here is the complete css

http://www.ponkey.com/default_right.css

Thanks
JP

mbstevens

Joe said:
Hello all,

OK I know that's a sily question. I know with html and css anything is
possible.

This is the site I'm working on: http://www.ponkey.com/nucleus3.2/ .

you can see that there are links on the right side of the page with their
own styles. If you were to read the blog entries, the links posted in-
line have the same style as those on the right. You will also see that
its the same text and color as the paragraph text. I'm trying to find
out how to have different link styles. Do I need to specify link style
definitions seperate for each div?

Thanks in Advance,
JP

Because of the location and the little arrows in front of the links on
the right side, it seems fairly clear to me on first glance that they
are, indeed, links. Still, I'd make them a slightly different color
than the body text. You obviously want to make navigation as clear a
possible. The link Mark posted answers how to do it.

Menus are actually lists of links. There are markups for such lists
-- <ul> and (less often) <ol>. Your pages do not use this 'semantic'
markup.You should move to <ul> or <ol>, and control their display with CSS.

Some of the link text is hard to read because the size is
set too small. It might be better not to set text size
at all. This may not be bothering you because you might have your
screen resolution set lower than I have mine. The text is really quite
small on mine.