    definitions seperate for each div?

    Thanks in Advance,
    JP

    Joe, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Joe <> wrote in
    news:Xns96AD221A870Ajoeponkeycom@216.196.97.142:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > OK I know that's a sily question. I know with html and css anything
    > is possible.
    >
    > This is the site I'm working on: http://www.ponkey.com/nucleus3.2/ .
    >
    > you can see that there are links on the right side of the page with
    > their own styles. If you were to read the blog entries, the links
    > posted in- line have the same style as those on the right. You will
    > also see that its the same text and color as the paragraph text. I'm
    > trying to find out how to have different link styles. Do I need to
    > specify link style definitions seperate for each div?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > JP

    If you're interested here is the complete css

    http://www.ponkey.com/default_right.css

    Thanks
    JP

    Joe, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Joe

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Joe, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Joe

    mbstevens Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > OK I know that's a sily question. I know with html and css anything is
    > possible.
    >
    > This is the site I'm working on: http://www.ponkey.com/nucleus3.2/ .
    >
    > you can see that there are links on the right side of the page with their
    > own styles. If you were to read the blog entries, the links posted in-
    > line have the same style as those on the right. You will also see that
    > its the same text and color as the paragraph text. I'm trying to find
    > out how to have different link styles. Do I need to specify link style
    > definitions seperate for each div?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > JP

    Because of the location and the little arrows in front of the links on
    the right side, it seems fairly clear to me on first glance that they
    are, indeed, links. Still, I'd make them a slightly different color
    than the body text. You obviously want to make navigation as clear a
    possible. The link Mark posted answers how to do it.

    Menus are actually lists of links. There are markups for such lists
    -- <ul> and (less often) <ol>. Your pages do not use this 'semantic'
    markup.You should move to <ul> or <ol>, and control their display with CSS.

    Some of the link text is hard to read because the size is
    set too small. It might be better not to set text size
    at all. This may not be bothering you because you might have your
    screen resolution set lower than I have mine. The text is really quite
    small on mine.
    --
    mbstevens
    http://www.mbstevens.com/cgi/mkatt.pl?name=python/Critique_Generator