    to be able to activate the real client-site context-menu from this
    menu without clicking the right mouse button.

    Any idee welcome, thanks!
    Michel, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Michel wrote:
    > I like to show a inbetween selfmade menu when rightclicking
    > the page. So on the first line I want to add "Default
    > right-click menu".
    >
    > So first I need to capture it,

    oncontextmenu events, where supported.

    > then I need to stop the context-menu
    > from showing up,

    That just cannot always be done. Some browsers allow the context menu to
    be cancelled and others don't (and others give the user the choice).

    > then show a self designed pop-up menu and then I need
    > to be able to activate the real client-site context-menu from this
    > menu without clicking the right mouse button.

    I don't think that can be done at all. Once you have cancelled the
    original context menu event that is the end of that so you would need to
    induce the browser to re-open it. I am not sure if generating a
    contextmenu event would result in the context menu appearing, but
    support for creating and triggering your own events is distinctly patchy
    anyway.

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Michel

    Michel Guest

    Richard Cornford:
    > Michel wrote:
    > > I like to show a inbetween selfmade menu when rightclicking
    > > the page. So on the first line I want to add "Default
    > > right-click menu".
    > >
    > > So first I need to capture it,

    > oncontextmenu events, where supported.
    >
    > > then I need to stop the context-menu
    > > from showing up,

    > That just cannot always be done. Some browsers allow the context menu to
    > be cancelled and others don't (and others give the user the choice).
    >
    > > then show a self designed pop-up menu and then I need
    > > to be able to activate the real client-site context-menu from this
    > > menu without clicking the right mouse button.

    > I don't think that can be done at all. Once you have cancelled the
    > original context menu event that is the end of that so you would need to
    > induce the browser to re-open it. I am not sure if generating a
    > contextmenu event would result in the context menu appearing, but
    > support for creating and triggering your own events is distinctly patchy
    > anyway.

    Still I like to try it, if only I know how to generate a contextmenu
    event from javascript?
    Michel, Aug 2, 2004