Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

johnsonholding

I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

The Numerator

Try this:

<object src="flash.swf">
<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="http://www.mysite.com/">
<!-- Replace http://www.mysite.com/ with your link -->
</object>

Use the object tag instead of the embed tag. I'm pretty sure the embed
tag doesn't follow W3C rules. I used this parameter for an applet, so
I'm not sure if it would work, but it should. Don't forget to add the
other parameters. Hope it works! Good luck!

Matt Clara

I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Why not build your link into the flash movie itself?

johnsonholding

I am using SwishMax and I don't really know how to do that, but I do
know how to do the html - so I was trying to save the time learning
something new.

The Numerator

Oh, I see the mistake. You have to modify the actual flash file to do
that. Sorry, because the parameter I gave you works only on my applet,
because the file was configured.

Travis Newbury

I am using SwishMax and I don't really know how to do that, but I do
know how to do the html - so I was trying to save the time learning
something new.

Man what an open door for hatter, our resident swishMax user...

You could invest 10 minutes of your life and open swichMax, then press
F1, then search for "create link" My guess (knowing how simple
swishMax is) you add a new layer with a HUGE "box" convert to a
movieclip (I think they call them sprites in swishMax) turn the alpha
to 0 (make it invisible) and add a link to it. So you are in essence
makeing a huge invisible button.

beo

Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Making a flash object clickable

I have intergrated a flash advertising element to my site, and want to
make the entire flash object clickable.

I want advertisers to be able to upload their flash movies (banner ad) to
my site, but want to have the link stored in our database, so that we
can count the click-throughs, so intergrating the link within the flash
code is not an option.

Any ideas on how I can go about doing this?