    I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
    some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

    , Mar 27, 2006

  2. Try this:

    <object src="flash.swf">
    <param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="http://www.mysite.com/">
    <!-- Replace http://www.mysite.com/ with your link -->
    </object>

    Use the object tag instead of the embed tag. I'm pretty sure the embed
    tag doesn't follow W3C rules. I used this parameter for an applet, so
    I'm not sure if it would work, but it should. Don't forget to add the
    other parameters. Hope it works! Good luck!

    The Numerator, Mar 27, 2006

    No it doesn't work, thanks though...

  4. Matt Clara Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
    > some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

    Why not build your link into the flash movie itself?

    --
    Regards,
    Matt Clara

    Matt Clara, Mar 27, 2006

    I am using SwishMax and I don't really know how to do that, but I do
    know how to do the html - so I was trying to save the time learning
    something new.

    Matt Clara wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
    > > some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?
    > >

    > Why not build your link into the flash movie itself?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Matt Clara
    > www.mattclara.com

    , Mar 27, 2006
  6. Oh, I see the mistake. You have to modify the actual flash file to do
    that. Sorry, because the parameter I gave you works only on my applet,
    because the file was configured.

    The Numerator, Mar 27, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > I am using SwishMax and I don't really know how to do that, but I do
    > know how to do the html - so I was trying to save the time learning
    > something new.

    Man what an open door for hatter, our resident swishMax user...

    You could invest 10 minutes of your life and open swichMax, then press
    F1, then search for "create link" My guess (knowing how simple
    swishMax is) you add a new layer with a HUGE "box" convert to a
    movieclip (I think they call them sprites in swishMax) turn the alpha
    to 0 (make it invisible) and add a link to it. So you are in essence
    makeing a huge invisible button.

    Travis Newbury, Mar 28, 2006
  8. beo

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Making a flash object clickable

    I have intergrated a flash advertising element to my site, and want to
    make the entire flash object clickable.

    I want advertisers to be able to upload their flash movies (banner ad) to
    my site, but want to have the link stored in our database, so that we
    can count the click-throughs, so intergrating the link within the flash
    code is not an option.

    Any ideas on how I can go about doing this?

    beo, Feb 8, 2009
  9. SABOND21

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Ogre, Latvia
    I have the same problem and still I have no answer ;(

    SABOND21, Feb 9, 2012