Can I make a page open at the last line without having page#zzz in the address bar?

Jake

Hi all

I have a webpage that contains a long table and it would be nice if on opening with http://page.asp
the browser automatically jumps to the last line, without showing http://page.asp#bottom
in stead of http://page.asp in the address bar.

Currently I use this small script at bottom

---------- table display code----------
--

</tbody>

Is there a way?
Thank you all

G Roydor

Voyez la méthode scroll ; il vous faudra determiner la longueur de la
fenetre

GR

Jake a écrit:

Jake

Hi Andrew Thompson,
If you want the last line to be prominent..
why not reverse the order of the data?

--
Andrew Thompson

Thanks for replying,
The idea is not bad, but not practical for a few reasons:
1. The data is coming from a file, where events are appended at the tail, with time/date stamp
2. I prefer having the most recent events at the bottom
3. Option to print the document with browsers button, older events usually on top of page

Jake

Hi Lee,
Jake said:

The number 9e9 being Stockton's Constant, a large number represented by few
characters.

Yesssss ! thats it!
Works great !

Thanks Lee

Jake

Hi G Roydor,
Voyez la méthode scroll ; il vous faudra determiner la longueur de la
fenetre

GR

Merci GR,
I will study that, but I have a perfect solution from Lee
See further down
Thank you too