Can I make the column widths firm?

active

If my table has a column of 200px and I insert an image of 300px the column
expands to the image size.

Can I make the column widths firm?

Cut off the image, rescale it or have H scroll bars would do.

Any suggestions?

Also, when I do "Start Without Debugging" do I then see what the site will
look like in if I were actually downloading the site?

active

Looked. Not as simple as I'd like!
I'm new at this and like to not complicate things too much.
But I have VS programming experience so using controls comes easy.

Can I place Panels or TextBoxes in the cells that might offend and control
the column width that way?

Though I think I tried and VS will not let me drag a TextBox into a cell.

Thanks for the info

Masudur

If my table has a column of 200px and I insert an image of 300px the column
expands to the image size.

Can I make the column widths firm?

Cut off the image, rescale it or have H scroll bars would do.

Any suggestions?

Also, when I do "Start Without Debugging" do I then see what the site will
look like in if I were actually downloading the site?

Hi...
Add Css to the cells .... for instance cellStyle...
..cellStyle

and ofcourse... add this style in stylesheet...
..cellSyle img
{
width:200px;
}

suppose to solve your problem

Thanks
Masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

active said:
If my table has a column of 200px and I insert an image of 300px the column
expands to the image size.

Can I make the column widths firm?

Cut off the image, rescale it or have H scroll bars would do.

Any suggestions?

The default behaviour for a table is to adapt itself to the contents of
the cells. If you don't want this behaviour, you have to defeat it by
specifying an exact size for every column and row, and make sure that
the sizes add up exactly to the size of the table.

Use the overflow style in css to determine what should happen when the
content is larger than the cell. For example: overflow:hidden; to clip
the content.
Also, when I do "Start Without Debugging" do I then see what the site will
look like in if I were actually downloading the site?

That depends on what you have chosen as default browser in VS. If you
are viewing it inside VS, there is naturally some differences from
viewing it in a browser, eventhough it uses the same rendering control
as IE.

active

great answer, thanks

maybe you can tell me how to drag a webcontrols table from the tool box to
one of the cells so I can select it while in "Source" display.

thanks again

active

I meant drag and be able to set properties in Design mode -- not in Source
mode

active said:
I meant drag and be able to set properties in Design mode -- not in Source
mode

Actually, I can't do that. I can't recall that I have ever done that.
The design mode is quite intuitive, though. You should be able to just
drag and drop the table where you want it.

active

Göran Andersson said:
Actually, I can't do that. I can't recall that I have ever done that. The
design mode is quite intuitive, though. You should be able to just drag
and drop the table where you want it.

I made another app just to try it and you are right it works OK there.

Something funny about my real app.

I'll keep looking.

thanks