    What does class="button" do?

    Thanks

    If this is the wrong NG please advise.

    active, Mar 30, 2007

  2. active

    Scott M. Guest

    > What does class="button" do?

    Absolutely nothing, unless you have created a CSS class called "button" and
    written rules into it that would make the object have a border and
    background so as to appear as a button.

    Scott M., Mar 30, 2007

  3. active

    active Guest

    Thanks
    I'm looking at someone else's code so now I know what to look for.

    active, Mar 30, 2007
  4. active

    Mike Mueller Guest

    "Scott M." <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : >> What does class="button" do?
    : >
    : > Absolutely nothing, unless you have created a CSS class
    called "button"
    : > and written rules into it that would make the object
    have a border and
    : > background so as to appear as a button.
    : >
    : : Thanks
    : I'm looking at someone else's code so now I know what to
    look for.

    Very easy to do

    In the head section:
    ..button a {background-color: gray; border: 1px black solid;
    color: black; padding: 5px}
    ..button a:hover {background-color: white; border: 1px red
    solid; color: red; padding 5px}

    For the link:
    <a class="button" href="whatever.com">Link Text</a>

    Mike Mueller, Apr 2, 2007
  5. active

    active Guest

    Thanks, I'll try that now