    changes would be preferrable.

    Any ideas?

    Robb

    Robb Smith, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Hi,

    the only idea that comes to mind is to open the second window with
    window.open and then have a small JScript on the page that deletes the
    ASPNET session cookie. Worth a try, but I am not sure if it works. I am a
    little puzzled that a new IE instance gets a new session ID anyway...

    Best regards,

    Marc Höppner
    NeoGeo

    "Robb Smith" <> wrote in message
    > I need the ability to open a new browser window from both IE 5.0+ &

    Netscape
    > 6.0+ and also creates a new Session. IE does this each time iexplore.exe

    is
    > run, but not from a JavaScript window.open. Netscape doesn't appear to

    work

    Marc Hoeppner, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Robb Smith

    Saravana Guest

    Check out for session.abadon() method. Before opening new window, you can do
    session.adadon() for the current page, hence new session will be created for
    next request. I personally didnt tried this. but it is worth trying it out.

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft India Community Star,

    Saravana, Jul 18, 2003