Can I open a new window with a new SessionID?

Robb Smith

I need the ability to open a new browser window from both IE 5.0+ & Netscape
6.0+ and also creates a new Session. IE does this each time iexplore.exe is
run, but not from a JavaScript window.open. Netscape doesn't appear to work
when running the EXE multiple times.

I can get this to work with Windows Scripting Host, but there are security
issues on the client. Another solution that doesn't require client-side
changes would be preferrable.

Any ideas?

Robb

Marc Hoeppner

Hi,

the only idea that comes to mind is to open the second window with
window.open and then have a small JScript on the page that deletes the
ASPNET session cookie. Worth a try, but I am not sure if it works. I am a
little puzzled that a new IE instance gets a new session ID anyway...

Best regards,

Marc Höppner
NeoGeo

Saravana

Check out for session.abadon() method. Before opening new window, you can do
session.adadon() for the current page, hence new session will be created for
next request. I personally didnt tried this. but it is worth trying it out.