Can I open a web form from another page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by ton, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. ton

    ton Guest

    Hi,
    I would like to open a webform based on the event fired from a
    customservercontrol. The webpage is not fixed. I have to set some variable.
    I tried:
    Private Sub DbWebCard1_ShowCard(ByVal id As Integer) Handles
    DbWebCard1.ShowCard

    Dim xx As New WebForm3, card As New dbWebCtl.dbWebCard

    card.EditFields = "all"

    card.ID = id

    card.TableID = 14

    xx.Controls.Add(card)

    In this code webform3 is an empty webform, where I add the control, by doing
    soI can adjust the properties. But how can I start the form.

    On the other hand I can use a fixed form and open the form by:

    Response.Redirect("WebForm3.aspx")

    But in this case I can not set the variables

    Please help

    Thanx

    Ton
    ton, Feb 11, 2004

  2. ton

    Barry Guest

    Ton
    You could add your form data to the HttpContext object, do a server.Transfer and read the values back out of context

    ----- ton wrote: ----

    Hi
    I would like to open a webform based on the event fired from
    customservercontrol. The webpage is not fixed. I have to set some variable
    I tried
    Private Sub DbWebCard1_ShowCard(ByVal id As Integer) Handle
    DbWebCard1.ShowCar

    Dim xx As New WebForm3, card As New dbWebCtl.dbWebCar

    card.EditFields = "all

    card.ID = i

    card.TableID = 1

    xx.Controls.Add(card

    In this code webform3 is an empty webform, where I add the control, by doin
    soI can adjust the properties. But how can I start the form

    On the other hand I can use a fixed form and open the form by

    Response.Redirect("WebForm3.aspx"

    But in this case I can not set the variable

    Please hel

    Than

    Barry, Feb 18, 2004