    tournament created.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    Ronald S. Cook, May 1, 2007

  2. Ronald S. Cook

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > Is there a way in ASP/IIS that I can communicate this link:
    >
    > http://www.tournama.com/tournament.aspx?number=29384732
    >
    > As this instead:
    >
    > http://www.tournama.com/tournament.aspx/29384732
    >
    > In other words, I can make the first work no problem. But these are
    > links that tournament managers will email around all the time, speak
    > on the phone to people, etc. So I was hoping I could make it a little
    > more succint/easy to communicate.
    >
    > But wouldn't I need to have a folder by that number containing a
    > default.aspx page? I definitely do now want to have a folder for
    > every tournament created.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    To read that part, see the Request.PathInfo property. According to the docs,
    it should contain "/29384732", including the /!

    I have never used in though.

    Hans Kestin

    Hans Kesting, May 1, 2007

  3. You can make http://www.tournama.com/tournament.aspx?29384732

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 1, 2007
  4. Ronald S. Cook

    bruce barker Guest

    google httpmodule and url rewriting

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 1, 2007
  5. Ronald S. Cook

    Page Brooks Guest

    Ronald,
    I've successfully used the UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewrite HTTP module to
    accomplish this.
    Check it out: http://www.urlrewriting.net/

    --
    Page Brooks