Can I pass BLOB to stored function using DBD::Oracle?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by bin_zhouemail@yahoo.com, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Dear all,

    I am in trouble to pass blob to stored function using DBD::Oracle.

    A stored function in oracle takes BLOB as input. I can use JDBC . It
    works well.

    I searched online, didn't find any useful information. In the
    document of DBD::Oracle, I was told that "For the time being, only
    single-row LOB updates are supported. Also passing LOBS to PL/SQL
    blocks doesn't work." I wonder if passing blob to stored function is
    supported. I tried "select f:)blob) from dual" and "Begin
    :result_blob := f:)input_blob) End", no lucky.

    The error message I got is not helpful. It is "ORA-29532: Java call
    terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid
    empty lob operation". it is a java stored function in oracle. I think
    it has nothing to do with my stored function. the question is how I
    can pass blob type into the function using perl.

    if I use "Passing CLOB to stored procedure and retrieve CLOB too" as
    keyword in google searching, I could find a php example. but I don't
    know how to use oracle oci directly in perl.

    Please help me out. Any input is helpful.
    , Dec 18, 2006