Can I put target in Response.Redirect?

Luke Xu

In Heyperlink, you can specify the target of URL, such as _blank. But how
can I specify the target in Response.Redirect?

Thanks
Luke

Hans Kesting

In Heyperlink, you can specify the target of URL, such as _blank. But how can
I specify the target in Response.Redirect?

Thanks
Luke

You can't. Hyperlink works client-side, which know about things like
windows and targets. Redirect works from the server and knows nothing
about windows and such.

You will have to emit javascript that opens that other window and
redirects that.

Hans Kesting

Luke Xu

Thanks for reply. The following is what I want to do:

I have two frames in a page: frame A and frame B. In frame A, I put a web
control - drop down list. The use will pick up from the drop downlist whose
each item indicates for a new URL. I want to disply the new URL in frame B.
Response.Redirect doesn't work for this purpose based on your answer.

Any suggestions to this issue?

Luke

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You'll have to use client side code to redirect a specific frame to a
specific ASPX page.
I don't like to have to use such client side hacks which is why I stay away
from frames.