Can I retrive a session object by a session ID?

Guest

Can I retrive a session object by a session ID which is stored in a cookie in
my server side code?

Patrice

What is the context ? This is exactly what ASP.NET does already for you...

If you want to access data from another session, this is possible with the
SQL Server provider, AFAIK not possible with the inproc provider. In both
cases a possibly better solution is to consider that the data is not session
specific as you want anyway to access it from another session (i.e. it looks
like more something to be stored in an application wide list).

You may want to explain what you are trying to do for more accurate
suggestions...

- -

Patrice

Guest

Oh, thank you for your reply.
In fact, I want to use session to store some user information in the server
side (e.g. username and password). But I found out that data in a session
cannot be retrived while the broswer is restart. So I try to store the
session ID in a cookie and hope to retrive the server side session by the
session ID. I don't know if this is possible? Of course this can be done by
cookies. But the username and password must be encrypted or there is a risk.
So I think session in server side may be more safe.

Guest

Oh, thank you for your comments.