Can I run a python program from within emacs?

Robinson

I have also just started with both Aquamacs and Python so I ask for
your patience as well.
When I evaluate the buffer (C-c C-C) I don't see any response or
output from my python program. Should another buffer open
automatically? Should a terminal window open?
thanks for your patience.
Rugbeia Floreat Ubique

rustom

I have also just started with both Aquamacs and Python so I ask for
your patience as well.
When I evaluate the buffer (C-c C-C) I don't see any response or
output from my python program. Should another buffer open
automatically? Should a terminal window open?
thanks for your patience.
Rugbeia Floreat Ubique

There are two python modes -- python.el and python-mode.el
Default with emacs is python.el, what comes from/with python is python-
mode.el (needs a download and a couple of lines of setup see
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode). I recommend python-mode.

The key-bindings are different --C-c ! to start interpreter followed
by C-c C-c to exec a file.

Jean

There are two python modes -- python.el and python-mode.el
mode.el (needs a download and a couple of lines of setup seehttp://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode). I recommend python-mode.

The key-bindings are different --C-c ! to start interpreter followed
by C-c C-c to exec a file.

Perfect! Many thanks...