Can I run an ASP.Net Web Server on WindowsNT SP6+

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Love, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Kevin Love

    Kevin Love Guest

    I work in a corporate environment. We are stuck
    on NT4.0 (with latest service pack). I want to put
    up an XML web service on my workstation. Noticed this
    release note on Visual Studio .Net.

    #####

    Following are the operating system requirements for
    working with Web Forms and XML Web services in Visual
    Studio .NET 2003:

    The Web server must be running Windows 2000, Windows XP,
    or Windows Server 2003. Computers running Windows 95,
    Windows 98, Windows Me, or Windows NT 4.0 are not
    supported.

    #######

    What are my options?

    Kevin

    Kevin Love, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Upgrade to a OS listed.

    Or find a box...put windows 2000 on it and run the Web service out of
    that...and don't tell the IS guys.

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Jun 30, 2003