    them all, but I am afraid of any unwanted results to happen to the production
    server.

    Please tell me if it is totally safe to delete all those files?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=, Oct 15, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=

    Scott M. Guest

    Yes it is safe. However, these are the fully compiled files that your
    production server uses to process the application. Each new page request
    will cause these files to be re-created and each first user to the page,
    will experience a short delay in receiving the page as the new temporary
    file is re-created.

    If you are in that much of a bind for disk space on a production server,
    it's time to think about upgrading your server.

    Scott M., Oct 15, 2004

  3. Thanks for your reply.

    And another related question is is there any way to configure where these
    temporary files go? For example, I want the Framework put these files on
    another disk.

    Oh, BTW, the reason the system disk is running out space is that I was
    verystupid and only partioned 4gb space for C:.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Sure, you can delete them, but the real question is "should you"?
    They will get recreated when the pages are hit, as they are cached native
    compiles, amongst other things. So the answer to "should" is no.

    I would look for other files to delete or add a new drive and migrate the
    site over to that drive (copy and then point the application to the new
    virtual directory). This will, at least, move your IIS information over. If
    you have SQL on the box, consider moving data files and log files to another
    drive or moving SQL to another machine prior to deleting temp files.

    How big is the drive on this machine and what do you have installed? I am
    sure you can find something less critical to delete.

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Oct 15, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=

    darrel Guest

    > Oh, BTW, the reason the system disk is running out space is that I was
    > verystupid and only partioned 4gb space for C:.

    Time to reformat the HD. ;o)

    -Darrel

    darrel, Oct 15, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=

    Greg Burns Guest

    > I would look for other files to delete...
    http://www.werkema.com/software/spacemonger.html

    Greg

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Greg Burns, Oct 15, 2004
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Neo The One" <> wrote in message

    > Please tell me if it is totally safe to delete all those files?

    Yes, but they'll recreate themselves the instant someone access your site...
    :)

    Mark Rae, Oct 16, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TmVvIFRoZSBPbmU=?=

    Nora.brown

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    It's an option to delete your temp files using asp.NET, but my advice to you, try using History Killer Pro. the program is very effective.

    Nora.brown, Apr 3, 2010