Can I save file to the server?

Geoff Cox

Hello,

At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
data to a file on the server?

If yes, how do I do this?!

Thanks

Geoff

McKirahan

Geoff Cox said:
Hello,

At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
data to a file on the server?

If yes, how do I do this?!

Thanks

Geoff

Sure, what do you want to use and what does your server (Web host?) support?

ASP, PHP, Perl ...

Geoff Cox

Sure, what do you want to use and what does your server (Web host?) support?

Hello,

I can write Perl and php scripts on the web host server - either of
these OK?

Any sample code that you know of?

Cheers

Geoff

David Dorward

Geoff said:
At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
data to a file on the server?

If yes, how do I do this?!

Modify your CGI script to store it on the server instead of / as well as
emailing. I'd strongly suggest using a database rather then a file though.

http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm

This is entirely irrelevant to JavaScript though.

Geoff Cox

Modify your CGI script to store it on the server instead of / as well as
emailing. I'd strongly suggest using a database rather then a file though.

http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm

This is entirely irrelevant to JavaScript though.

David,

Thanks for the link.

Any experience of saving data in a format which can be used by the
SPSS statistics package? Just a wild one!

Cheers

Geoff