    If yes, how do I do this?!

    Thanks

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Geoff Cox

    McKirahan Guest

    "Geoff Cox" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
    > by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
    > data to a file on the server?
    >
    > If yes, how do I do this?!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Geoff

    Sure, what do you want to use and what does your server (Web host?) support?

    ASP, PHP, Perl ...

    McKirahan, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:35:07 -0500, "McKirahan" <>
    wrote:

    >"Geoff Cox" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
    >> by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
    >> data to a file on the server?
    >>
    >> If yes, how do I do this?!
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Geoff

    >Sure, what do you want to use and what does your server (Web host?) support?

    Hello,

    I can write Perl and php scripts on the web host server - either of
    these OK?

    Any sample code that you know of?

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Geoff Cox wrote:

    > At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
    > by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
    > data to a file on the server?
    >
    > If yes, how do I do this?!

    Modify your CGI script to store it on the server instead of / as well as
    emailing. I'd strongly suggest using a database rather then a file though.

    http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm

    This is entirely irrelevant to JavaScript though.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Geoff Cox

    McKirahan Guest

    McKirahan, Sep 6, 2005
  6. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    Geoff Cox, Sep 6, 2005
  7. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:22:10 +0100, David Dorward <>
    wrote:

    >Modify your CGI script to store it on the server instead of / as well as
    >emailing. I'd strongly suggest using a database rather then a file though.
    >
    >http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm
    >
    >This is entirely irrelevant to JavaScript though.

    David,

    Thanks for the link.

    Any experience of saving data in a format which can be used by the
    SPSS statistics package? Just a wild one!

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Sep 6, 2005