Can I see HTTP request sent my IE.

Peter Rilling

I am writing a webcrawler, so to speak, and for some reason, this one
particular type of page on a site is returning a 400 (bad request), but I
can view the page in IE. Other pages on the site works. Now the issue with
this site is that it uses the "referrer" to determine if the proper links
were followed. What I don't know is if there are other fields header fields
that might be important, or other stuff like cookies.

Is there any app out there that will hook IE or my internet connection and
allow me to see the entire HTTP request, including headers and cookies so
that I can see what happens when I navigate through the site?

Joerg Jooss

Peter said:
I am writing a webcrawler, so to speak, and for some reason, this one
particular type of page on a site is returning a 400 (bad request),
but I can view the page in IE. Other pages on the site works. Now
the issue with this site is that it uses the "referrer" to determine
if the proper links were followed. What I don't know is if there are
other fields header fields that might be important, or other stuff
like cookies.

Is there any app out there that will hook IE or my internet
connection and allow me to see the entire HTTP request, including
headers and cookies so that I can see what happens when I navigate
through the site?

www.fiddlertool.com is my favorite.

Cheers,