    to me, it means that the web service will be cool down when idle for a
    certain time. is it true? if yes, how long? can i set it?

    thanks!

    Mullin Yu, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Mullin Yu

    R.Balaji Guest

    Hi,
    it means that the web service will be cool down when idle for a
    > certain time. is it true? if yes, how long? can i set it?

    true.
    you can change it using the CacheDuration attribute.

    eg)
    [WebMethod(CacheDuration=300)]
    public string FooMethod()

    more info on ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318299

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt10.asp

    Regards,
    R.Balaji

    "Mullin Yu" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i found out the first time calling the web services takes quite a long

    time
    > or after a certain period, calling the web services takes also quite a

    long

    R.Balaji, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Mullin Yu

    Mullin Yu Guest

    thanks!

    but, can i put it to a xml file or database so that it's configurable, not
    hard-coded on the program?

    thanks!

    Mullin Yu, Jul 21, 2004