can i set the cool-down time?

Mullin Yu

hi,

i found out the first time calling the web services takes quite a long time
or after a certain period, calling the web services takes also quite a long
time.

to me, it means that the web service will be cool down when idle for a
certain time. is it true? if yes, how long? can i set it?

thanks!

Mullin Yu

thanks!

but, can i put it to a xml file or database so that it's configurable, not
hard-coded on the program?

thanks!

R.Balaji said:
Hi,
it means that the web service will be cool down when idle for a
certain time. is it true? if yes, how long? can i set it?
true.
you can change it using the CacheDuration attribute.

eg)
[WebMethod(CacheDuration=300)]
public string FooMethod()

more info on ...