Can I share an Access MDW file for security.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Philip Wilson, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I am trying to set up a web application to connect to an old Access 97 database. The database uses a workgroup.mdw workgroup file for its security. I have managed to get it all working but I have found that if Access is using the workgroup file (ie a workgroup.ldb lock file exists), my webservice cannot open it. It gives the error "Could not use ''; file already in use."

I can have multiple computers on the local network all running Access and using the workgroup.mdw file but the only way I can get it working for the webservice is by getting all the local computers to close Access.

My connection string is:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password=xxxxxx;User ID=user1;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;
    Data Source=D:\Server\CRM\Web_data.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Jet OLEDB:System database=D:\Server\CRM\workgroup.mdw

This is running on Windows 2003 Server SBS.

Any help would be appreciated and if there is a more relevant group to be posting this to, please let me know.

Cheers,

Phil

Philip Wilson, Feb 25, 2005
    1. Advertising