Can I stop VWD inserting spaces at the beginning of the line?

Alan Silver

Hello,

VWD Express seems obsessed with inserting loads of spaces at the start
of each line whenever you drag controls into the source view. I guess
this is MS' idea of making the source code readable by indenting it, but
it annoys me intensely. Apart from anything else, it causes extra line
wrap as the spaces make the line too long to fit in the window.

Can I switch off this, erm "feature"? I haven't found a way yet. Please
put me out of my misery!!

TIA

Andrew Robinson

Tools Menu -> Options -> Show all settings (at the bottom of the page) ->
Text Editor -> HTML

Take a look at the General, Tabs, Format, Miscellaneous and Validation tabs
on the tree view.

-Andrew

Alan Silver

Tools Menu -> Options -> Show all settings (at the bottom of the page) ->
Text Editor -> HTML

Take a look at the General, Tabs, Format, Miscellaneous and Validation tabs
on the tree view.

Thanks for that. I wondered why there were so few options in there. I
didn't spot the "show all settings" one.

Anyway, under Text Editor -> HTML -> Tabs, I set the "indenting" option
to "none", but it still adds a couple of spaces when I drag a control
into the HTML source. Any idea why? I checked the other options there,
but couldn't see anything else that looked like it affected this.

Any idea? Thanks again