Can I use a javascript in creating a new custom control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by eea61, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. eea61

    eea61 Guest

    I want to make a new Tree custom control and I have an excellent
    jscrpt code for it(DHTML XTree).
    this js file contains all the methods and events for creating and
    manipulating a tree.

    I want to know that can I use this js file in creating my tree custom
    control or I should convert all the code to a new C# class and then use
    it?

    for example by using this script I can create a child:

    <script>
    tree=new dhtmlXTreeObject('treeBox',"100%","100%",0);
    tree.insertNewChild(0,1,"New Node
    1",0,0,0,0,"SELECT,CALL,TOP,CHILD,CHECKED");
    </script>

    but in a custom control how can I use the above code?
    if anyone can help me does me a greate favor...
    eea61, Jul 4, 2006