    system?

    Thanks,
    Vince C.

    Vince C., Sep 2, 2003

  2. Yes, very much possible. Just have to configure Frontpage extensions on the
    website, and set the source contrl to use "External"

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    "Vince C." <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I want to create a site management (admin) web application in ASP under
    > W2K/IIS5/FPSE2002. It will be used to modify the content of XML files on

    the web
    > site it manages. Any changes require authentication. When a file is to be
    > modified the operator should check it out so that it is marked for

    modification,
    > preventing others to change it. The file is checked in after changes are

    made.

    > I'd like to be able to check in/out documents from the web admin using IIS
    > integrated SCC. Is it possible? Or should I implement my own file

    management

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Sep 2, 2003

  3. Vince C.

    Vince C. Guest

    "Manohar Kamath [MVP]" <> a écrit dans le
    message de news:%...
    > Yes, very much possible. Just have to configure Frontpage extensions on

    the
    > website, and set the source contrl to use "External"

    Where do I have this? I've opened SharePoint admin and tried to configure
    Version Control for the web application but I have found no "External"
    option text. "Select which source control type to enable" contains only
    "None" and "Use integrated version control".

    BTW do I have to enable FrontPage Server Extensions (2002 preferably, which
    is what I'm working with) to work with Integrated Source Control? Isn't
    Integrated Source Control independent from any FPSE or Visual SourceSafe?
    And are FPSE safe enough to run on a public web server?

    Vince C.

    Vince C., Sep 5, 2003