can I use more than one status condition name in imaplib.status()

Discussion in 'Python' started by harryos, Oct 13, 2010.

  1. harryos

    harryos Guest

    Hi

    In the signature of of imaplib.status() method
    MAP4.status(mailbox, names)
    why is the 'names ' argument plural?Can I pass more than one name to
    the method?
    I can get correct result when I call,
    imapclient.status('Inbox', "(UNSEEN)")
    or
    imapclient.status('Inbox', "(RECENT)")

    Is it possible to pass both these names ?
    I tried,
    imapclient.status('Inbox', "(UNSEEN,RECENT)")
    which thows imaplib.error: STATUS command error: BAD ['Invalid
    Command']

    Any suggestions most welcome
    harry

    harryos, Oct 13, 2010