can I use OBEX w/ Serial-to-IrDA on Windows?

Arash Nikkar

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate forum for this question,
but I couldn't find a better forum when searching. If I am in the wrong
place, please feel free to re-direct me. And now to my question:

I have a piece of hardware, which is predifined to use Obex + IrDA. The
original software was developed on linux (using a usb-to-IrDA dongle),
and it is my understanding that the dongle (which I cant seem to get
windows to recognize) would add an OBEX wrapper to all commands. As a
result, our firmware was defined to do the same thing. However, there
are some simple commands that i can send, to tell the firmware to stop
using the obex wrappers (so I can communicate with my serial
port-to-IrDA dongle under windows).

The problem is, that I cant seem to figure out how to wrap my commands
with obex in order for the firmware to understand them. My last option,
would be to us linux, and the usb dongle, but I would rather steer away
from that, as the rest of my application has been developed for
windows.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!