Can i use Roles created in asp.net web Admin tool with Windows Auth?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by rote, Oct 17, 2008.

  1. rote

    rote Guest

    I'm using the sqlsitemapprovider class from here:

    and in my webconfig file i have the below:

    My treeview can read data from the table and its all good but i want to
    enable securitytrimming using the groups from active Directory that is
    stored in the DB

    but it doesn't work

    any ideas!!

    If i don't use AD roles can i use Windows auth in my asp.net Web Site Admin
    Tool by creating roles there and using it.
    Which mean users can login using there windows acct and then do
    authorization using the roles in asp.net Web Site Admin Tool?

    <siteMap defaultProvider="SqlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">

    <providers>

    <add name="SqlSiteMapProvider" type="SqlSiteMapProvider"

    securityTrimmingEnabled="true"

    connectionStringName="SiteMapConnectionString" />

    <!--

    <add name="XmlSiteMapProvider" type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"
    siteMapFile="web.SiteMap" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />

    -->

    </providers>

    </siteMap>
    rote, Oct 17, 2008