Can I write a binary windows executable with Python?

walterbyrd

I have heard about Pysco. But does create a single executable that can
run without Python being installed? Or does that just compile the
libraries?

Aleksandar Radulovic

Hi,

What you're probably referring to is py2exe tool (http://www.py2exe.org/) which
creates windows executable programs out of python scripts. Once created,
such executable can be run on a Windows machine without Python installed.

Psyco, on the other hand, is a tool that greatly optimizes and
increases execution
speed of python scripts.

-alex.