    I know for sure I can be a bitch CPAM Module writer...

    -sln

    , Feb 11, 2009

  2. brian d foy Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > I could learn anything an eployer needs, that I don't know in about 26
    > minutes,
    > thats the way it is u know. When you know HOW to find things out quickly and
    > the
    > absorption is instantaneous, because it fits in your broad substructure
    > framework of
    > knowledge.
    >
    > So, I ask this humble question: Can I make money writing CPAN Modules?
    > If not, what good are CPAN Modules for anybody at all?

    Yes, you can make a living writing CPAN modules. However, the better
    way to make a living is to make friends and not be a jerk to everyone
    you run across. The good people almost never have to job hunt because
    their network of friends do it for them.

    And effective communication skills, such as spelling, grammar, and
    diction often impress employers too.

    brian d foy, Feb 11, 2009

  3. cartercc Guest

    Your first post on c.l.p.m. was in July, 2008. Replying to
    RedGrittyBrick, a poster who has contributed far more than you, you
    said,

    "You got shit fo brains my friend.
    sln"

    Somehow, I can't quite work up a lot of sympathy for you, but I do
    have a suggestion. If you can't find a job in the IT sector, try other
    sectors, like maybe the fast food sector or the security guard sector.

    I understand about getting hired. I've interviewed for IT jobs now for
    a number of years (not really seeking a new job, just looking around,
    because I've always had someone willing to pay me regularly). My take
    is that it's very hard to be hired cold, that the largest number of IT
    jobs go to those that already are a known quality to the employer.

    Maybe this is why you are having a hard time ... you are already a
    known quality to your pool of employers.

    Despite my snide remark, I wish you the best, and if you feel that I
    can do anything for you, please contact me privately.

    CC

    cartercc, Feb 11, 2009
  4. cartercc <> wrote:

    > Your first post on c.l.p.m. was in July, 2008.

    Whose first post? You did not quote anyone...

    It has been posting here since 2005 as

    > Replying to
    > RedGrittyBrick, a poster who has contributed far more than you, you
    > said,
    >
    > "You got shit fo brains my friend.
    > sln"

    That is mild compared to most of its replies.

    > Somehow, I can't quite work up a lot of sympathy for you,

    > If you can't find a job in the IT sector, try other
    > sectors, like maybe the fast food sector or the security guard sector.

    Or the pornography sector, as it seems to have some experience there:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...ad/thread/cc3960ba4aca674?q=#68e6b4a91d6f1f43

    > Maybe this is why you are having a hard time ... you are already a
    > known quality to your pool of employers.

    Almost 3 years ago it posted:

    I'm almost on skid row now. I have a gun and I'm thinking of ending it all.
    My family is almost starving and I have no prospects for work.

    --
    Tad McClellan

    Tad J McClellan, Feb 11, 2009