Can I write CPAN Modules for a living?

sln

I'm pretty desperate for a job, won't program for food yet, but close.
My resume is loaded with C/C++, MFC, STL, ADO, etc..
Not getting hits at all. Perl is just barely on my resume, haven't put on
it that I'm an expert in waiting, specially Regular Expressions. So nobody
know's to hire me, if they hire RX experts, I don't know.

I could learn anything an eployer needs, that I don't know in about 26 minutes,
thats the way it is u know. When you know HOW to find things out quickly and the
absorption is instantaneous, because it fits in your broad substructure framework of
knowledge.

So, I ask this humble question: Can I make money writing CPAN Modules?
If not, what good are CPAN Modules for anybody at all?

I know for sure I can be a bitch CPAM Module writer...

-sln

brian d foy

I could learn anything an eployer needs, that I don't know in about 26
minutes,
thats the way it is u know. When you know HOW to find things out quickly and
the
absorption is instantaneous, because it fits in your broad substructure
framework of
knowledge.

So, I ask this humble question: Can I make money writing CPAN Modules?
If not, what good are CPAN Modules for anybody at all?

Yes, you can make a living writing CPAN modules. However, the better
way to make a living is to make friends and not be a jerk to everyone
you run across. The good people almost never have to job hunt because
their network of friends do it for them.

And effective communication skills, such as spelling, grammar, and
diction often impress employers too.

cartercc

Your first post on c.l.p.m. was in July, 2008. Replying to
RedGrittyBrick, a poster who has contributed far more than you, you
said,

"You got shit fo brains my friend.
sln"

Somehow, I can't quite work up a lot of sympathy for you, but I do
have a suggestion. If you can't find a job in the IT sector, try other
sectors, like maybe the fast food sector or the security guard sector.

I understand about getting hired. I've interviewed for IT jobs now for
a number of years (not really seeking a new job, just looking around,
because I've always had someone willing to pay me regularly). My take
is that it's very hard to be hired cold, that the largest number of IT
jobs go to those that already are a known quality to the employer.

Maybe this is why you are having a hard time ... you are already a
known quality to your pool of employers.

Despite my snide remark, I wish you the best, and if you feel that I
can do anything for you, please contact me privately.

CC

Tad J McClellan

cartercc said:
Your first post on c.l.p.m. was in July, 2008.

Whose first post? You did not quote anyone...

It has been posting here since 2005 as (e-mail address removed)

Replying to
RedGrittyBrick, a poster who has contributed far more than you, you
said,

"You got shit fo brains my friend.
sln"

That is mild compared to most of its replies.

Somehow, I can't quite work up a lot of sympathy for you,
If you can't find a job in the IT sector, try other
sectors, like maybe the fast food sector or the security guard sector.

Or the pornography sector, as it seems to have some experience there:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp...ad/thread/cc3960ba4aca674?q=#68e6b4a91d6f1f43

Maybe this is why you are having a hard time ... you are already a
known quality to your pool of employers.

Almost 3 years ago it posted:

I'm almost on skid row now. I have a gun and I'm thinking of ending it all.
My family is almost starving and I have no prospects for work.