    server running on my NT 4.0 workstation to run ASP.

    Thanks
    Belinda
    Belinda, Jun 4, 2004

  2. You install the option pack, then reinstall SP6a.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2075

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 4, 2004

  3. Belinda

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 4 Jun 2004 06:56:22 -0700, (Belinda) wrote:

    >I want to install the NT 4.0 Option pack to install the IIS web
    >server. Does the option pack install to get the web server working on
    >my Windows NT workstation running SP6a work. I want this web server to
    >connect to a SQL Server which is running on this NT Workstation as
    >well.
    >
    >Please clarify what are the steps I need to follow to get the web
    >server running on my NT 4.0 workstation to run ASP.

    Not really an ASP database question, but you asked nice... :)

    Install Option Pack 4, ignore the notice that you need SP3 to install
    this. After installation, reinstall SP6a. This gets you *most* of
    the ASP functionality of newer versions of the OS/IIS (you won't miss
    anything) and allows a connection to SQL.

    You will have the issues of running on a workstation OS, no more than
    ten concurrent connections, etc. so you may want to upgrade to Server
    2003 while you're at it. See the IIS group for more on the options.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Belinda

    Belinda Guest

    "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > You install the option pack, then reinstall SP6a.
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/2075
    >
    > --
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/
    > (Reverse address to reply.)

    Hi Aaron

    Thanks for the tip on installing IIS I followed the link and download
    the NT 4.0 option pack from the MSFT site and when I started install
    the install.exe complained that the option pack needs a Windows NT 4.0
    Server. But as I said I want to run IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0 on Windows NT
    4.0 workstation please clarify where I can get NT 4.0 Option pack for
    the workstation.

    Thanks
    Belinda
    Belinda, Jun 7, 2004
  5. > Thanks for the tip on installing IIS I followed the link and download
    > the NT 4.0 option pack from the MSFT site and when I started install
    > the install.exe complained that the option pack needs a Windows NT 4.0
    > Server.

    What was the exact error message?

    > But as I said I want to run IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0 on Windows NT
    > 4.0 workstation

    Why on earth do you want to run a 10-year-old, no-longer-supported operating
    system? If you upgrade to Windows 2000, IIS is included and you don't have
    to go find an option pack anywhere...

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)
    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 7, 2004
  6. Belinda

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 7 Jun 2004 05:00:42 -0700, (Belinda) wrote:

    >"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> You install the option pack, then reinstall SP6a.
    >> http://www.aspfaq.com/2075
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://www.aspfaq.com/
    >> (Reverse address to reply.)
    >>

    >Hi Aaron
    >
    >Thanks for the tip on installing IIS I followed the link and download
    >the NT 4.0 option pack from the MSFT site and when I started install
    >the install.exe complained that the option pack needs a Windows NT 4.0
    >Server. But as I said I want to run IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0 on Windows NT
    >4.0 workstation please clarify where I can get NT 4.0 Option pack for
    >the workstation.

    IIS on NT Workstation is PWS, though it's no longer supported.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jun 7, 2004