Can java do "network broadcast?"

Dennis A. Vitali

Can java microedition do "network broadcast"? I would like todo a pppoe
login in if possible.
Steps:
1. Find local network either wired or wireless
2. do network broadcast and 0x8823 to find ppoe concentrator?
If I can get by these first two steps, I may be able to figure out the rest.
Examples would help or Book references. Cant find much on the internet!
Thanks
Dennis A. Vitali
(e-mail address removed)