Can JavaScript add items to ASP Dictionary Object

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tabonni, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. tabonni

    tabonni Guest

    My situation is:

    I got two ASP pages. One is ASP email form (I'm using Persist ASP
    Email component). Another one has all file links in it. For example,
    when user click Outlook course hyperlink. It will pop up another
    window with outlook course PDF file. (All PDF files are already in the
    server).

    What I am trying to do is: When user click the "Add Email" hyperlink,
    it will add that course name and filepath into ASP/VBScript Dictioanry
    Object. After the user finish and click "Attach to email" button. All
    the files will be attached in the email as an attachment.

    Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
    to ASP Dictionary Object?

    Thank you.

    tabonni, Aug 20, 2004

  2. tabonni wrote:
    > My situation is:
    >
    > I got two ASP pages. One is ASP email form (I'm using Persist ASP
    > Email component). Another one has all file links in it. For example,
    > when user click Outlook course hyperlink. It will pop up another
    > window with outlook course PDF file. (All PDF files are already in the
    > server).
    >
    > What I am trying to do is: When user click the "Add Email" hyperlink,
    > it will add that course name and filepath into ASP/VBScript Dictioanry
    > Object. After the user finish and click "Attach to email" button. All
    > the files will be attached in the email as an attachment.
    >
    > Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
    > to ASP Dictionary Object?

    It is not an "ASP" Dictionary Object. It is a "Windows Scripting Host (WSH)
    Dictionary Object", which is a COM object which is usable by any language
    that can use COM objects, including vbscript, jscript/javascript, VB, etc.
    ..
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET