Can JSF chain servlets together (to-view-id) ?

javaguy

I'd like to do something with Faces I can do in Struts.

In certain circumstances Struts chaining is useful. If the Action
handling the POST from page1.jsp returns a "success" result then a
forward result for that success could be to some servlet identified as
preparePage2. When that servlet is done it can forward to page2.jsp.
Note that I assume I don't care about the Struts repopulation problem
because some other page (and ActionForm) is being created.

Without this preparePage2 servlet the page2.jsp page must prepare its
own database structures, or the Action handling the POST of page1.jsp
must know enough about navigation to prepare page2.<br>
So, if I want to have this chaining behavior in Faces can I convince
to-view-id to go to a servlet rather than always going to a .jsp file?
TIA,
Jerome.

Wendy S

I'd like to do something with Faces I can do in Struts.
In certain circumstances Struts chaining is useful.
<snip>

You might want to repost on the struts user mailing list if no one answers
here...