    Jason Guest

    I have a potential need to upload multiple PDF legal documents. Is it
    possible to attach more than one file per upload?

    Jason, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Jason

    Karl Guest

    No (unless the user zips the file)...you'll need to provide multiple file
    upload boxes....

    It might be possible to do something with an applet or activex control
    though...have no idea for sure though.

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Jason

    Frank Mamone Guest

    Karl,

    This is a limitation of ASP.NET, correct?

    Why can you not have more than one upload controls?

    -Frank Mamone

    "Karl" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME net> wrote in
    message news:...

    Frank Mamone, Sep 14, 2004
  4. The standard file upload control can upload only one file.
    You can use multiple upload controls to upload mutiple files.

    Alternately, you might want to use a nice ActiveX control to allow multiple
    selection, like this one:
    http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileup-231.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Sep 14, 2004
  5. "Frank Mamone" <> wrote in message
    > Karl,
    >
    > This is a limitation of ASP.NET, correct?

    One file per upload control - that's a browser limitation/design, not
    ASP.NET.

    > Why can you not have more than one upload controls?

    You can have more than one upload control. What he was saying was that the
    user will only be able to specify one file per control. A user cannot
    upload C:\file1.txt;C:\file2.txt, etc. You'd need to provide the user with
    two upload controls if he needs to upload two files.

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Sep 14, 2004
  6. Jason

    Frank Mamone Guest