    ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.

    Thanks From ZBUILDER.
    2003.9.

    zbuilder, Sep 12, 2003

  2. zbuilder

    Aaron Robson Guest

    "zbuilder" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
    > ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Thanks From ZBUILDER.
    > 2003.9.

    Hi,

    None of the Web Controls or UserControls provide the same type of
    functionality as Applets or ActiveX controls. They are all based around Html
    and Http Request / Response functionality. Suprisingly, a lot of
    functionality can be added in this manner, but if you do need the Server to
    push data to the client without polling (ie timer based Request from
    client), then the only option available is to embed a Windows Forms control
    into the web page. This however requires that a client has the dotnet
    framework installed, and last time I tried, there didn't seem to be any drag
    and drop way to do this (you have to type!).
    Hope this is of help
    Aaron Robson

    Aaron Robson, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Sample
    http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive109.html
    I believe this sample uses UserControl.
    Hope I've helped,

    Randy
    http://www.kbcafe.com

    Randy Charles Morin, Sep 13, 2003
  4. By "hosting the CLR within IE", you can run Windows forms apps, from
    dynamically downloaded DLLs.

    google for IEHost, or
    check out this article
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/default.aspx