Can .NET & IExplorer well work together?

zbuilder

I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Thanks From ZBUILDER.
2003.9.

Aaron Robson

zbuilder said:
I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Thanks From ZBUILDER.
2003.9.
Hi,

None of the Web Controls or UserControls provide the same type of
functionality as Applets or ActiveX controls. They are all based around Html
and Http Request / Response functionality. Suprisingly, a lot of
functionality can be added in this manner, but if you do need the Server to
push data to the client without polling (ie timer based Request from
client), then the only option available is to embed a Windows Forms control
into the web page. This however requires that a client has the dotnet
framework installed, and last time I tried, there didn't seem to be any drag
and drop way to do this (you have to type!).
Hope this is of help
Aaron Robson