Can Net::IMAP::Simple or Net::POP3 be used with Email::MIME::Attachment::Stripper?

Ted Byers

I get emails with data from a couple different sources, one of which
includes the data in plain text in the body of the message and the
other provides it in Excel spreadsheets attached to the email.

I have been able to use Net::IMAP::Simple to get unseen messages and
parse the message text to retrieve the data I require from the one
data source, and I have also used Net::pOP3 successfully to get the
same email messages from the same server (which supports POP3, IMAP
and MS Exchange), but haven't been able to get the latter to tell me
which messages have been seen. However, I am at a loss to figure out
how to either get it to tell me if a given message is a multipart
message or how to pass the messages I get from it to
Email::MIME::Attachment::Stripper in order to use it to get the
attachements. As I already have code to process these files, all I
really need to do is detect when a message includes attachements and
when that happens save the file to a suitable directory (which would
have a name computed and then be created to hold the files).

The documentation for Net::IMAP::Simple and Net::pOP3 does not give
any clues as to how to convert the messages they let you retrieve into
something Email::MIME::Attachment::Stripper can work with.

So what is the piece I have missed that is necessary to finish this
last piece of this puzzle?

Thanks

Ted