can NOT change the position of a WebUserControl on page (GridLayout is set)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Christian, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Christian

    Christian Guest

    Hi,

    I try to change the position of a WebUserControl on my WEbform (layout is
    set to GridLayout) by changing the absolute position in the html-code but it
    does not work.

    When I change the position at design-time for my user control by changing it
    directly in html-code is the change reflected in the design view (and
    vice-versa). But when I run the app is the control always positioned at the
    same location (somewhere topleft on the page)

    The strange thing is that when I change the position at design-time of a
    standard control (say a button) that the position is changed well at
    run-time.

    So it works for standard controls but not for my webusercontrol ???
    Why ?

    html sample code :
    <uc1:LottoWebUserControl id="m_gridControl" style="Z-INDEX: 107; LEFT:
    300px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 220px" runat="server">
    </uc1:LottoWebUserControl>

    Thanks
    chris
    Christian, Jul 21, 2003