can not create a database in VS.Net using SQL

mmoon

I am taking a course in ASP.Net at Finger Lakes Community
College. I am trying to create a database in VS.Net using
SQL. In the computer lab we have the class in I can
create a database in VS.Net using SQL. In the open lab
and at home on my P.C. I have VS.Net and SQL Server 2000
loaded. Every is the same BUT I cannot create a database
using SQL on my P.C. or in the open lab. I am set up as
the administrator and have all the rights I need to creat
a database. The permissions are the same from one lab to
the other and on my P.C. and the server is on. My System
Admininstrator and Teacher are just as confused as I am.
We need to resolve this issue before the start of the
fall semester. Does anyne have an idea on why this is
happening?

Mary Chipman

It's impossible to determine what's wrong from the scanty data you
have provided. I'd recommend troubleshooting the problem yourself by
creating a Profiler trace and examining the traffic between the client
app and the SQL Server.

--Mary