    thank you
    Chris
    , Jun 22, 2008

  2. Hi, Chris.

    Try the tips at this page :

    http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/387/using-visual-studio-2008-with-iis-70/

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 22, 2008

  3. Did you try to create a web site or a web application project? There is a
    big difference between the two and that may be the problem and they both
    follow different paths for creation. The Web Site project is created through
    File | New | Web Site. The Web Application Project is created through File |
    New | Project | VB or C# | Web | Web Application Project. I had trouble once
    or twice playing with the web site project with similar results.

    IIS is not necessary, but it is more robust and sometimes things that work
    with IIS don't work with the VS test web server (and vice-a-versa).

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jun 22, 2008