Can not download plugins for jEdit (help!!)

BillJosephson

Hi all. I am trying to use jEdit, but can't seem to download
any plugins. I go to Plugin Manager, and select Download
options. I update the mirro and can see lots of servers.
I select the first (plugin central default) and say apply.
In the Update dialogues bottom window, I see a msg saying
"Dowloading plugin list from jedit.plugins.org but after
a couple seconds it disappears. Inveitably when I select
Console and the click install, it give me "An I/0 error
occurred (Connection refused: connect)

If anyone knows why i can't connect, in info about it would be
a big help.

Thanks in advance.....

JanTheKing

Even I have faced this error quite a few times. Try downloading some
other plugin and see if the same problem exists. If that plugin
downloads successfully - then your problem could be due to some server
side issue wrt the previously stated plugin.

Alternately you could direclty go to the jedit site and manually
download the required plugin and put them (after extracting them from
archive - zip/gzip) in the jedit directory.

Cheers,
Jan